In order to help you make the best decision, here we are going to explain the differences between TPE vs Silicone:
TPE stands for Thermoplastic Elastomer, sometimes known as thermoplastic rubbers. It is made from mixing polymers such as a plastic and a rubber, which consists of materials with both thermoplastic (plastic) and elastomeric (rubber) properties.
TPE is a kind of plastic that can be stretched up to 5.5 times length and it is very soft. It is fairly popular material used in everyday items because it can be used to make items that possess rubber like features but still utilize the efficiency of current injection molding techniques making it more economical.
· Dolls are cheaper (from $800 to $2.000)
· Soft and elastic texture, providing a very life-like touch. It is more realistic
· Breasts and buttocks will wobble when you rock your doll back and forth
· Material is more elastic which makes the dolls more flexible and can therefor handle more sex positions.
· Compatible with both water-based and silicone-based lubricants
· It is a porous material, which means that it is more sensitive to stains from clothes. (In sexdolls-USA.com we include a stain removal cream in every order).
· As it is porous it retains humidity, so after cleaning it you must make sure that it is perfectly dry to avoid mold in the long term.
· It is more sensible to heat. TPE can start losing its consistency or melting when reaching more than 104º Fahrenheit (40ºC)
Silicone is a polymer. It is typically heat resistant and rubber like so have a wide range of application such as in lubricants, medicine, glue, cooking utensils etc. It can come in many forms but the one that we see in silicone dolls is silicone rubber.
Silicone rubber can be very soft or very firm depending on how it is formulated and is very good at retaining its original shape even under extreme pressure. It is also very resistant to heat so can be boiled to sterilize it and is highly inert since it does not react with most chemicals (explain why it is used in medical implants).
· Non-porous, so it will not get stained from clothes. It is easier to clean
· It doesn’t retain humidity. It can be sterilized using boiling water. (like a baby bottle)
· It is less sensitive to heat
· More expensive (from $2.000 to <$5.000)
· Not as soft as TPE, feels more dense and stiff to touch. Not very life-like
· Buttocks and breasts will not wobble when you rock your doll back and forth, as they would with TPE
· Silicone is not the most durable polymer
How much are you willing to spend?
Do you want to have hot baths with your doll?
TPE material should never be exposed to temperatures higher than 104º Fahrenheit (40ºC). This temperature is warm enough to enjoy a bath, but you should be extra careful if you decide getting a TPE doll into your bathtub. Silicone dolls will not have this problem, so you could have extra hot baths.
Are you willing to dry well the holes after using your doll?
In both TPE vs Silicone dolls you have to clean after ejaculating inside their holes. You should flush off with a water pump (we provide one with every order) and then dry well with a cloth or inserting tampons. TPE dolls should be cleaned more thoroughly than silicone ones. If you want your TPE doll to last long, you have to dry all the cavities before storing her.
You should make your decision by answering these questions.
Each material has its worshipers and it is not really possible to determine if one or the other is better in an objective way. You will have to take a choice depending on your budget and your preferences.