Silicone is a polymer. It is typically heat resistant and rubber like so have a wide range of application such as in lubricants, medicine, glue, cooking utensils etc. It can come in many forms but the one that we see in silicone dolls is silicone rubber.
Silicone rubber can be very soft or very firm depending on how it is formulated and is very good at retaining its original shape even under extreme pressure. It is also very resistant to heat so can be boiled to sterilize it and is highly inert since it does not react with most chemicals (explain why it is used in medical implants).
· Non-porous, so it will not get stained from clothes. It is easier to clean
· It doesn’t retain humidity. It can be sterilized using boiling water. (like a baby bottle)
· It is less sensitive to heat
· More expensive (from $2.000 to <$5.000)
· Not as soft as TPE, feels more dense and stiff to touch. Not very life-like
· Buttocks and breasts will not wobble when you rock your doll back and forth, as they would with TPE